Author: Leo Enoch
This article provide 5 simple effective essentials in dog training that often overlooked even by many dog training school or by training professional.
1. Almost all dogs love to play! Incorporate play into the doggy training session, use your dog’s natural excitement is as motivation. This is a really simple yet effective technique and you should really try to include this in your obedience training routine.
If your dog doesn’t enjoy it then he/she will not want to do it in the first place and you will most likely just end up wasting both your time and your dog’s.
2. The trainer needs to enjoy the training session As well!, If you are not in the mood, do not even think of conducting the training session at all. A lot of people or trainer brings their frustration into the training session which could do much more harm then good.
When you are not in the mind to train and your mind is always wondering about problems that you might currently be facing, then move the dog training session to another slot of time
3. Just like human, long and tiring training session will not be effective as it will demotivate them. Keep all these training session short 5-10 minutes. Human alone, the highest being in this planet has hard time when sitting in a training room for more than 1 hour, what’s more with your pet.
So keep the Training Session short but fruitful
4. Dogs do get confused, so keep your command short,clear and consistent.
Example: Not differentiating between “Off” and “Down.” “Off” means get Off something. “Down” means lie down. So next time you tell your dog “down” to get them off the couch and they lie down and look at you, its because they were told to lie down there! They are confused, not misbehaving.
When you want your dog to do something for you, normally you call him “Come” but when he did something wrong and you want to reprimand him, you also called hime “Come”. This is definitely will get your Dog Confused and after giving him the punishment, the next time you asked him to “Come” he will not come because in his mind, it means big trouble.
5. Dogs also need to be rewarded. Reward them if they did well. Then they will remember that command that they followed to get the reward. This will be very effective in training them to obey your command.
Well, that’s the 5 effective dog training essentials that often overlooked or forgotten by the Dogs Trainer which might happen to you when you are Training your Dogs.
Remembering them will definitely improve the quality of your relationship and brings a more meaningful and enjoyable moment for you and your dogs.